Here are the updates from the last week regarding organizational progress, cool things happening, and basically, what we've been up to and what is coming up. Thus with no further adieu, here is your next addition of your Thursday Post.
The last week has been very exciting as the IAC has made great headway in laying down additional foundational framework for our organization - culminating in a very successful meeting of the minds this past Sunday, July 15th. Here is a synopsis of what we covered and what is important for you to know.
- We are planning our first event, a workshop style event. Tentatively we'd like to hold it on Oct. 20, 2012 in Upper Marlboro, MD - It will be a "Make and Take" style event where visitors can come and make something and then take it home with them.
- If you are a current member of SoPAL or would like to become a member of SoPAL and volunteer for this event, we will be seeking volunteers. Please register as a member (Click Here for Registration) and to volunteer for the event simply email us at email@example.com make it to the attention of Joe.
- We are also working on setting up an what we are currently calling the Artist Exchange Program. This is essentially where we partner with other groups who specialize in a particular genre of art (Polymer Clay, Painting, Sculpture, Mix Media, Photography, Culinary, etc.) to promote workshops. The details on how this program will work are still being determined, however, if you are part of a group who is interested in learning more about getting increased exposure for your workshops, please contact us directly by email so we may assist you.
- SoPAL is also seeking office space for our organization.We feel a space that is approximately 200-300 sq. ft at this time is the most appropriate if we have access to a larger meeting space. If not, then something slightly larger would be considered. If you are aware of a space that is available or have a space that is available, please let us know by sending an email.
Upcoming Events & Important Information
- The next Member Meeting is set for Thursday, August 16, 2012 @ 2pm. Tentatively we have scheduled to meet at the Deale Library in South County.
- October 20, 2012 is our first event - if you'd like to participate, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As we are posting Local Events each Wednesday, a calendar will be implemented soon on the blog so you can see where things fall - keep and eye out for this coming soon!
Are you an art enthusiast? Do you enjoy making, selling or connecting with art or artists?
Then join SoPAL and don't forget to share it with a friend!